The perfect app for news junkies. Watch stories you like for free
Find out the latest news from around the world with Haystack TV.
This is an app that is dedicated to delivering the news so that you stay updated on everything from weather to politics. Find a certain channel that you like, or simply look through the programs that are offered based on the kind of news that you want to see. Haystack TV begins to see the types of programs that you watch and follow and will begin to create a customized list of favorites for you to watch.
From MSNBC to BBC, you can see almost any network that shows a news broadcast. You can also see the latest in sports news, such as the NFL and NBA. Find out about the latest in the world of celebrities along with the latest business and financial news. Learn about the stocks that are trending up and those that you should avoid. There are broadcasts about the election and what to expect in the coming year with the new leaders of the country. Tech news and the latest in video games are also categories that you can view.
- High number of news channels
- All types of news delivered
- Easy to view
- Some videos can't be played
- Audio isn't great
Welcome to version 3.0 of Haystack TV!
[+] Local News is now available in several cities around the country with more coming soon! Launch cities include Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Portland, Nashville, Hartford/New Haven, Kansas City, and St Louis!
[+] You can now Sign In across your devices and our website. Synch all your favorites, watched videos. Carry your Haystack TV profile wherever you are.
[+] We've inked deals with CNET, Gamespot, and Newsy to bring you more great content!
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_SYNC_STATS: Allows applications to read the sync stats.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.